Sunday, March 4, 2012

Letter of the week

To practice the letter of the week, I write a quote that starts with our letter of the week.  I work at a faithbased preschool, so I use Bible verses.  In a public school a teacher could use children book quotes or quotes from authors.   The letter of the week is also the theme for our weekly show and tell time.  Together we read the quote of the week every morning.

Tip: sometimes it might be a challenge to find an item that starts with that letter, as a class we discovered adjectives (ex. my "interesting" book for letter "i") to be helpful as well as proper nouns such as names (ex. "Elizabeth" my doll for letter "e").

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, love that you can use bible verses. I use to teach in a private school but have been in public for about 16 years. Just found you and am your newest follower. Love the monkeys. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been such a blessing to be able to use bible verses this year. I have worked 7 years in the public school system as well. In my abbekka curriculum kit they had flashcards with the alphabet on them linked to bible verses. I loved the idea. If I work in the public school system again, i'd probably switch to using well known proverbs, or book quotes also following the alphabet letter theme.

    ReplyDelete